How to restore factory settings in a smartphone
It is not uncommon when smartphones running on the Android OS start to fail. Variants of trouble can be a commonplace program error or a situation where the virus infected the OS: for example, a banner virus that blocked the screen. Each time, downloading the next program to your smartphone, the risks of a system malfunction increase, since any third-party programs and their settings can affect the correct operation of the smartphone.
Often, you just need to thoroughly clean the internal memory of the device. In all the above situations, the best option is to reset to factory settings (or restore factory settings).
What you need to restore the factory settings of the smartphone
Factory settings are a standard set of programs and settings installed on a specific smartphone model by the manufacturer before the release of the device. Resetting the settings to factory defaults, in fact, destroys the data downloaded by the user, settings, files, applications, thereby returning the original “clean” working system.
Resetting to the factory settings of the smartphone can help solve a lot of problems that arise during the operation of the phone. In the absence of direct damage to any parts in the device, this will solve the problem of freezing, unauthorized shutdown and other failures.
It is important not to forget that immediately before performing a reset to the standard settings, it is necessary to ensure that the data from the mobile is saved on another medium (photos, contacts, notes, music, other information). Typically, data is stored in cloud storage, on a computer, removable media, etc.
how to restore smartphone settings – question.jpgHow to reset to factory settings of a mobile phone
There are several methods by which you can return the factory settings to your Android smartphone:
1. Software. It helps in cases when the device is still functioning and responds to the manipulations of its user.
2. Hardware. When the device does not boot, it is performed using standard non-touch buttons around the perimeter of the panel: volume, on / off.
How do smartphone recovery methods work?
The first way is a soft reset to factory settings
In the case when the smartphone boots, it is recommended to perform a software reboot without resorting to a cardinal hardware reset option.
· To start the cleaning procedure, you need to go to the phone menu, find the settings shortcut and click on it.
· In the “settings” we look for an item or sub-item called “Restore and reset” (the option “Backup and reset” is possible). Important! Remember that by this moment a backup copy of all important information should be ready.
· Next, click on the “Reset Settings” item (the option “Reset Data”, “Restore Settings” or “System Restore” is possible). The system will warn the user that all data and personal settings will be deleted from the internal memory of the device.
· Having finally decided, confirm your choice – click “OK” or “Erase everything” (“Delete all”), after which the process of resetting all data to the factory settings starts. After a while, the device will appear to its owner with a clean internal memory and standard factory settings.
The second way is a hard reset to standard settings.
In the event that the device categorically does not want to turn on, the cause of the malfunction may be a software failure of the OS itself. For this kind of trouble, specialists provided a hardware reset by pressing keys on the phone panel. In order to reset the settings you need to completely disable the device.
· Important! We first save all personal settings and important data to a previously created folder on the user’s personal computer via a USB cable.
· Next, make sure that the battery charge is at least 70%.
· After that, completely turn off the mobile device, remove the SIM card, as well as removable memory cards, battery.
· Once again, insert the battery into the phone and press the “Power” button and the volume up button.
· After a couple of seconds, the display will turn green, and after a while it will turn red (other options are possible). After that we release the held buttons of inclusion and volume, and once we press on “Switching on”.
· The recovery menu appears on the smartphone’s display, where the “wipe data” item is highlighted (actions are controlled using the volume down / up buttons up / down, and the action is confirmed by the power key).
· Now you need to confirm your choice “Yes – delete all user data” and click “Power On”.
· Thus, the process of restoring OSes to factory settings was launched. After a couple of minutes, the phone will be cleared, after which the device